The Fenton Open Gate Garden Club’s 20h Annual Summer Garden Tour will be held on Sunday, July 8th, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Several beautiful gardens will be featured, each displaying uniquely distinctive features and personality -
Highlights from 2016 Tour
• Rural garden featuring hostas and abundant whimsy paired with artisanally crafted etched windows nestled against the wooded banks of the Shiawassee River.
• Suburban garden featuring concrete hardscape, garden structures, water feature and extensive plantings.
• Heritage garden with newly placed stonework, lovely potting shed offset by mass plantings.
• Residential garden, small in scale but big on impact with distinctive ornamentals and a luxurious expanse of hostas and other perennials.
• Expansive property featuring several island gardens adjacent to a wooded glen that takes the visitor past a Fairy Garden Village and a walker’s maze.
• Country garden with a grapevine alee, a raised bed vegetable garden, a fairy garden and an "Emerald City" composed of green glass objects.
• Urban-scaled garden on a lake with weeping ornamentals and a dense, sophisticated, contemporary display
As in other years, for the 2017 Tour, skilled gardeners will be available to answer questions and many plants will be labeled. The price of admission (children 12 and under free when accompanied by an adult) includes maps & garden guides, refreshments, merchant discounts, and an opportunity to win a garden bench.